Wow! It’s been a while since my last post! I suppose being a mother, wife, full time teacher, and volleyball coach consumes just a little bit of my time!
I know many of you can sympathize 🙂
Due to our crazy and hectic schedules, supper is sometimes and interesting subject.
I am TRYING to make a conscious effort to stay away from feeding my children processed foods, foods with added sugar or sweeteners, and fast food.
It would be VERY difficult to, if not impossible, for me to make dinner in the evenings after practice.
So, my crock pot has become my best friend 🙂
I’ve done an insane amount of Pinteresting, looking everywhere for the best freezer to crock pot recipes that my picky eaters…children and husband…would actually eat! I also look for…
- meals that do not require “cream of..” soups
- meals that do not require cooking before freezing (except meals with ground chuck..that I brown before I freeze)
- meals that do not require tons of added sugar
Many people have asked about my new freezer meal obsession, so here’s my process on meal assembly day…which is most often Saturdays:
- Access pinned freezer meals on Pinterest
- Open an internet tab for EACH meal
- Make my lists…my least favorite part (I have a Walmart list, a Save-A-Lot list, and a Farmer’s Market/Produce Stand list)
- Whip out the Ziploc freezer bags and LABEL the bags with the meal and cooking instructions
- Go SHOPPING! My kids LOVE to go to our local Farmer’s Market and Produce Stand 🙂
- Come home and put in Frozen…this is important to me because my kids love the movie which lets me prepare the meals AND I love the music 🙂
- Lay out ALL of the spices needed for the meals
- I put the MEAT in the bags FIRST
- Begin chopping veggies
- Add veggies and spices
- Throw the bags in the freezer
- Watch the rest of Frozen with my girls 🙂
- Cilantro Lime Chicken (2 Bags)
- Chicken Fajitas (I literally make this every week because it is awesome!)
- Chunky Beef Stew … really excited to eat this!
- General Tso’s Chicken … the sauce smells AHmazing!